In celebration of 50 years of operation, the Aubrey Barker Fund is hosting the Golden Jubilee Prize to further raise awareness the survey and land economy professions and their contribution to a sustainable world.
Applicants should produce a video clip of a maximum 2 minutes duration that addresses the theme:
How can surveyors lead us into a sustainable future?
Submissions will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Extent to which the submission creates awareness of the surveying profession
- Extent to which the submission addresses global sustainability needs, in particular the needs of developing countries
- Demonstration of novel ideas, creativity, and clear messaging
Send the YouTube link to view the video online and a link for the AVI / MP4 file download here: https://bit.ly/3J84yy0 Include the hashtags #AubreyBarkerFund and #ABFGoldenJubilee in the caption.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Leica Geosystems, the following prizes are on offer:
- Overall First Prize – £500 donated by ABF plus a Leica prize which could be equipment or an internship, dependent on location and status of winners.
- Special prize for most interesting entry from a country in the current list of World Bank low-income or low-middle-income economies supported by Leica.
Who should apply and how:
Entry is open to individuals and groups (of three students or less) enrolled in a survey, land economy or related degree at a higher education institution.
The deadline for submissions is June 13th 2022. Winners will be announced on July 31st.
Aubrey Barker Fund ANNOUNCES the WINNERS OF our golden jubilee prize.
Many congratulations to all the winners!
|Ndu Chidinma Godsgood||University of Cape Town||South Africa||Link|
HIGHLY COMMENDED AWARD I
|GeoSTUD||University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines||Philippines||Link|
HIGHLY COMMENDED AWARD II
|Yakubu Enoch||University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.||Nigeria||Link|
Thank you to all participants for their work, creativity, and good ideas.