In celebration of 50 years of operation, the Aubrey Barker Fund is hosting the Golden Jubilee Prize to further raise awareness the survey and land economy professions and their contribution to a sustainable world.
Applicants should produce a video clip of a maximum 2 minutes duration that addresses the theme:
How can surveyors lead us into a sustainable future?
Submissions will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Extent to which the submission creates awareness of the surveying profession
- Extent to which the submission addresses global sustainability needs, in particular the needs of developing countries
- Demonstration of novel ideas, creativity, and clear messaging
Send the YouTube link to view the video online and a link for the AVI / MP4 file download here: https://bit.ly/3J84yy0 Include the hashtags #AubreyBarkerFund and #ABFGoldenJubilee in the caption.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Leica Geosystems, the following prizes are on offer:
- Overall First Prize – £500 donated by ABF plus a Leica prize which could be equipment or an internship, dependent on location and status of winners.
- Special prize for most interesting entry from a country in the current list of World Bank low-income or low-middle-income economies supported by Leica.
Who should apply and how:
Entry is open to individuals and groups (of three students or less) enrolled in a survey, land economy or related degree at a higher education institution.
The deadline for submissions is June 13th 2022. Winners will be announced on July 31st.